America’s Best NHL Betting Online
It is no secret that American sports fans love Ice Hockey. It is certainly one of the fastest and most exciting competitive sports, drawing fans from all corners of the globe. The National Hockey League or NHL is widely considered to be the premier professional ice hockey league in the world. It is one of the biggest professional sports leagues in the states with legions of dedicated fans tuning in for every game. For almost as long as the sport has been in existence, people have been betting on the outcome. Today online NHL betting is one of the most popular betting markets in the US. With online betting, sports fans can place NHL bets from any computer or mobile device any time they want.
The NHL is composed of 30 member clubs: 23 in the United States and 7 in Canada. The NHL season generally runs from October to June including the playoffs. The Stanley Cup, (the oldest professional sports trophy in North America) is awarded to the league playoff champion at the end of each season. With NHL betting, there are a number of Ice hockey bets that can be placed. Some of the most common NHL bets are shown below:
- Money line Bet – The money line bet is probably the most straightforward and commonly placed bet in Ice Hockey. Essentially it is simply betting on which team will win the game outright.
- Over/Under Bet – With an Over/Under bet, bookmakers set a total for each game and bettors wager on whether the total amount of goals scored between the two teams will go over or under that set total. Since Hockey is a low scoring game, the total is almost always set in the 5.0 to 6.0 range
- Puck Line Bet – In NHL betting, a puck line bet is where each game is given a set point spread of -1.5 on the favorite and +1.5 on the underdog. Placing a puck line bet on the favorite is a much more attractive option than a money line bet.
- Parlay – With a parlay bet, two or more hockey sides are selected, and all must win for the parlay to pay off. The more events that are chosen, the more the hockey parlay bet pays if it is successful.
- Prop Bets – Prop Bets include placing bets on various elements of the game including player and team statistics. Some examples of hockey prop bets include betting on which team will score first or last, or an Over/Under on team shot total
- Grand Salami – This is where the entire days Over/Under totals are added together and bettors can bet on whether the combined goals scored over the entire day will be over or under the posted total.
|5/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
|4.9/5||50% Deposit bonus|| Bet now|
|4.8/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
What to Know & Where to Start Online NHL Betting
NHL betting requires both skill and luck. The more information a bettor has, the greater their chances of placing a winning bet. For first time bettors, the best way to get into hockey betting is by placing a basic money line bet. Once a bettor knows more about the NHL, the teams, the players and the rules of the game, they can move on to more exotic bets. If you want to get started with online NHL betting, you are in the right place. You can find the best US online betting sites right here. For your convenience, we have listed and rated all of the top sportsbooks for easy viewing, and you can select the betting option that best suits you with ease.