American NFL Betting Online
American Football is considered to be one of America’s best loved sports. Since an early age, many children are introduced to Football and grow up with the sport as a way of life. Even if you are not a Football fan, you have probably heard of the NFL. The NFL or National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). It is probably one of the biggest football tournaments in the world and attracts fans from all over the globe. It is no wonder that online NFL betting is one of the biggest internet betting markets in the US today.
The NFL season format consists of a four-week preseason, a seventeen-week regular season, and a twelve-team single-elimination playoff culminating in the Super Bowl, the league’s championship game. There are many types of bets available in online NFL betting. For the novice bettor, many of these bets can seem a bit confusing. To make things easy for you we explain the most common types of NFL bets below:
- Spread Betting – Spread betting is the most common type of betting in the NFL. This is where bookmakers use the point spread. The point spread levels the playing field, making betting on either the favorite or the underdog equally attractive. Either the favorite has to win by the margin listed, or the underdog has a buffer to lose the game by that margin, or win it outright.
- Money line bet – In a Money line bet a bettor simply picks the team he thinks will win the game. The online bookmakers with then set the line for the game. The favorites will be represented with lower odds while the underdogs will be given higher odds.
- Totals betting – In NFL betting this is also known as over/under betting. This is where a bettor must predict the total combined score of the teams in the game. Bookmakers will set the score line and bettors must predict if the score will be above or below the set score line.
- Parlay betting – A parlay, is a selection of two to twelve wagers that are linked together. Winning the bet is dependent on all of the wagers winning. If even one of the wagers loses, the entire parlay loses.
- Future bets – Future bets are bets that allow bettors to pick a team to win the AFC Championship, NFC Championship, and Super Bowl. Bettors can also bet if a team will go over or under the posted season total wins.
|1||5/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||50% Deposit bonus|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
Before Online NFL Betting
NFL betting can be quite complicated. For the novice bettor, it is best to start with a standard money line bet or spread bet. Once a bettor has learned more about the teams and individual players, they can then move on to more exotic types of bets. The more a bettor knows about the teams, the greater his chances of placing a winning bet. To get started with online NFL betting, all you have to do is visit any one of the USA online betting sites featured here and get ready for an unparalleled wagering experience.