Online Horse Betting in the USA
Everyone knows how exciting horse racing can be. For most Americans, there is nothing that beats a day at the tracks, eating hotdogs and online betting on the fillies. In the US, thoroughbred horse racing has become one of the most popular betting sports with thousands of people betting on every race. But in today’s increasingly busy world, not many people have the time to visit the track. Subsequently online horse betting has taken over as the preferred betting medium. With online betting, anyone with a computer and an internet connection can place any number of online bets on any horse race anywhere in the world.
Online Horse Betting is really easy and it caters for both the novice and experienced bettors. If you are new to horse racing, there are of course a few things you should now. The first thing you to know about horse racing betting is that there are three types betting categories a bettor can choose from; namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. Some of the most commonly placed straight bets are shown below:
- A straight Win – This is where you can bet on a particular horse to win the race
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, or even 4th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet
In horse betting, multi bets and exotic bets are bets that cater to the more experienced bettor. These are very difficult bets to place but increase the value and excitement of the race. Some examples of multi and exotic bets include:
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your bet
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these bets require the bettor to be successful in picking winners in a series of races
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
- Superfecta – Picking the first four horses to finish in exact order
|1||5/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||50% Deposit bonus|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
Before Online Horse Betting
For the novice bettor, a straight win bet is probably the best way to start. But before you place any large bet, in horse betting it is important to know the history and winning statistics of the horse in question. With sports betting, the more information you have, the greater your chances of placing a winning bet. Always do your homework, attention should be paid to the fitness of the horse, who the trainer is, who the jockey is and where the race is taking place. Even the smallest factor can change the outcome of a race. If you would like to get started with online horse betting, you are in luck. You can find the best US online sports betting sites right here, and with just a few clicks you’ll be ready to wager on your favorite race.